The Windows 11 start menu has been completely redesigned and is therefore now displayed as a square window centered on the operating system desktop
However, in the Windows 11 start menu you can still find shortcuts to multiple Windows programs and options. An example of them is the access to the list of recent files in Windows 11 and that many wonder how to delete or deactivate to improve their privacy.
Windows 11 keeps a record of the programs or files that we are opening and using. This record is shown in the list of open files that is displayed at the bottom of the Windows 11 start menu. This is not always to the liking of all users, especially those more concerned with privacy and who share a computer with others. users. Anyone using your Windows 11 computer will be able to access and view the latest files and programs that you have opened in the program.
Windows 11 not only shows recent files in the start menu (under the recommended section), but also allows you to disable the recent files list in Windows 11 File Explorer. Therefore, any Windows 11 user can know. recently used files and programs from both the start menu and Windows 11 file explorer.
Fortunately, Windows 11 allows you to improve user privacy and to protect it, it allows you to delete or deactivate the history of recent files, so that recently opened programs and files can be shown both in the start menu and in the Windows 11 file explorer.
How to disable and delete recent files from the Windows 11 start menu as well as from the file explorer.
1. Open Windows Settings 11
2. Once here you have to go to: Personalization> Home
3. When we are in the Start settings screen, you will have to turn off the switch next to the setting: Show recently opened items in Start, shortcut lists and File Explorer.
4. From now on the list of recent files in the Windows 11 start menu as well as the list of recent files in the file explorer (shortcut) will no longer be displayed.
How to disable and delete recent file history from Windows File Explorer 11 (Quick Access).
Windows 11 allows you to disable the history of recent files in File Explorer, specifically in the Quick Access section. If you want to make this configuration, we recommend reading the following specific post: How to delete or deactivate the history of recent files and folders from the Windows 11 and 10 file explorer.
How to remove specific files from the Windows 11 start menu recent files list
1. Click on the Windows key or click on the start button.
2. When the Start menu opens you will have to right click on the specific item you want to remove from the recent files list.
3. In the contextual menu you must select the option: X Remove from list
4. Now the list will continue to show but without the item just deleted
How to remove specific files from Windows 11 File Explorer Recent Files list (Quick Access)
1. Open Windows 11 File Explorer.
2. Use the menu on the left to locate yourself in the section: Quick access
3. Here you will have to right click on the item that we want to remove from the list of recent files.
4. In the drop-down context menu, you must select the option: remove from Quick Access
5. From this point on, the deleted item will no longer be available in the Recent Files list in File Explorer.
Date update on 2021-07-19. Date published on 2021-07-19. Category: Computer class Author: Oscar olg Fuente: downloadsource