Windows 11 introduces many new improvements and changes in the design of the windows and taskbars
However, Microsoft's operating system has old-school users who honestly don't like the changes in window design too much, such as the File Explorer window design, which has been almost completely redesigned. completely on Windows 11. Many hard-core Windows users wonder how to keep the old file explorer design in the new Windows 11.
Windows File Explorer has remained practically intact over the years and the different versions of Microsoft's operating system. However, in this new version of Windows 11, the File Explorer has been almost completely redesigned so that the typical task bar at the top of the window has disappeared.
In the classic toolbar at the top of Windows File Explorer you could find functions such as:
- Select all
- Change of design
On the contrary, in the new Windows 11, the File Explorer window shows a much more minimalist and narrow toolbar. In addition, it only shows a reduced number of functions visually directly. It is true that we can access a greater number of options when we click on the three ellipsis icon, but to be honest the number of functions and tools that we can access from the File Explorer in Windows 11 is much smaller.
This is just one of the reasons why the user may want to return to the classic File Explorer in Windows 11. Fortunately, Windows 11 offers an option through which we can revert the new File Explorer design to the classic design of previous versions. Windows.
Therefore, if you want to return to the classic design of File Explorer in Windows 11 so that it appears again as in Windows 10, 8 or 7, you just have to follow the steps that we show you below:
How to return to the classic design of the File Explorer window in Windows 11.
1. Log in with your user account in Windows 11
2. Once here open the File Explorer
3. Now you will have to click on the icon in the form of three ellipsis.
4. This will show a drop-down menu in which you will have to select: Options
5. This will open a small window in which you will have to go to the tab: View
6. Among the options that are shown you must check the option: Open folder windows in an independent process
7. Once marked, you must click on the button: Apply and then OK
8. Now automatically the design of File Explorer in Windows 11 will return to the classic with the toolbar of a lifetime.
Date update on 2021-07-19. Date published on 2021-07-19. Category: Computer class Author: Oscar olg Fuente: downloadsource