Basically he is the main person in charge of the strategy of creation, coordination and edition of content of interest to the consumer.
As we just mentioned, the content manager is responsible for the content strategy of a brand. In other words, he is in charge of supervising the content of websites, e-commerce and blogs, as well as being responsible (although not always) for creating, editing, publishing, updating and even cleaning outdated content.
The functions of the content manager can vary by company: in many companies there is a content manager who focuses strictly on the content, while other employees are in charge of the management of the digital sites.
Regardless of how each company manages it, there is no doubt that the content manager must lead its content strategy so that it is nourished with fresh, quality and attractive information. This content, in addition, must meet two objectives: achieve business objectives and exhibit the voice of the company.
What training should a Content Manager acquire?
Currently, there are several content manager training courses. However, beyond the title, we can affirm that a content manager must meet the following skills:
- You must know how to listen to what your audience wants, what their need is, and how their desire can be met. In addition, you must also know how to listen to your team so that it is in tune.
- It is also important to be an organized person, capable of defining and carrying out a content agenda, meeting deadlines.
- You must have excellent writing skills, as well as correct grammar and spelling.
- Although SEO is the responsibility of other professionals specialized in organic positioning, it is also convenient for the content manager to know this discipline.
- Also, you must have knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Adwords, and other tools. Similarly, it is essential that you know how to use content management platforms, such as WordPress.
- You must also be able to analyze the results of the digital strategy, measuring some indicators such as the bounce rate or the number of visits, among others.
Content Manager Features
As we can see, the functions of the content manager are all those that are related to the planning, management and supervision of the contents of a brand in order that they meet the quality that the ideal client is looking for.
Among the different functions of the content manager, are the following.
- Research prior to the development of the content strategy.
- Design and development of the content strategy, taking into account all channels (such as social networks or blog).
- Definition of the objectives, preferably quantifiable, to be achieved.
- Definition of the ideal client, the topics to be discussed, the keywords, the style and the most appropriate formats.
- Design and development of an annual content plan.
- Selection, coordination and supervision of the team of writers and graphic designers.
- Coordination of the team with the different marketing departments.
- Implementation and monitoring of the publication schedule.
- SEO content optimization.
- Management of tools for the content creation team.
- Supervision and review of the contents, guaranteeing valuable, original and grammatically correct information.
- Monitoring the quality of photos, videos or graphics, as well as other visual elements.
- Analysis of the published contents and detection of errors in the contents.
- Measurement and analysis of the entire strategy.
- Preparation of weekly or monthly reports with the results and possible solutions.
- Checking the status of the objectives.
Now that we already know in depth what the figure of the content manager is based on, we are going to see the reasons why it is convenient for you to implement it in your business. You don't have a business but you are a Content Manager? You can find a content manager here.
Why do you need a Content Manager in your company
There are several benefits that hiring a content manager or, where appropriate, a content creation agency can bring you. Among these advantages are the following:
- Having a content professional at the head of the digital strategy will give you a great advantage over your competition.
- The content manager will be able to correctly adapt market trends to your target audience.
- You will improve your conversion rate significantly and, therefore, your income.
- You will be able to increase the value of your company in all distribution channels, in addition to engagement with your audience.
Date update on 2021-10-18. Date published on 2021-10-18. Category: Computer class Author: Oscar olg Fuente: seoestudios