Browsing on Facebook is one of the most common activities in the world and for people of all ages.
It does not matter if it is from the mobile or if it is from the desktop, or the time of day to review this social network, the truth is that its popularity does not stop growing.
Since its appearance in October 2003, Facebook developers have focused their efforts on creating an intuitive, friendly and super easy to use platform. For this reason it is common that there are some tricks to improve the user experience.
Here we will show you one that, we are sure, you will take advantage of it as much as possible: how to enter the desktop version of Facebook from your mobile.
Reasons to enter the desktop version of Facebook from your mobile
Switching to the desktop version of Facebook is essential for several reasons, either due to lack of space on your computer, especially on the mobile screen or simply because you feel more comfortable.
This happens mainly because when you log in from your smartphone, the app adapts the menu of main options and functions to the mobile version. That is, they change position and this can sometimes be annoying.
For this reason, some users prefer to stay in their comfort zone and have the information just as you would see it on your PC.
Now that you are clear about the reasons, let's see how to make the change step by step from all browsers and from the social network settings menu.
How to enter the desktop version of Facebook from your browser
When you activate the desktop version from your mobile, basically what Facebook will do is change the size. However, the options that you would have from the computer are not the same that will appear on the mobile.
- It does not matter if you are on Chrome, Edge, Safari or Samsung Internet, the first thing you should do is enter Facebook mobile as you always do.
- Next, in the address bar you must replace the "m" with "www". Click on the pencil icon and edit the URL. You must make sure, then, that the address that appears at the top is "www.facebook.com/home.php".
- After doing so you will have to press the "Enter" key on your mobile and wait for the site to load. The desktop version will immediately appear on your device with the complete options, including those that are omitted in the mobile version.
How to enter the desktop version of Facebook from settings
- Log into Facebook mobile from your preferred browser. Chrome, Safari, Edge or Samsung Internet.
- Click on the three vertical dots located at the top right of the screen.
- A menu will be displayed. Find and activate the "desktop version".
- Wait a couple of seconds for the page to reload and that's it.
As you will see, entering the desktop version on Facebook from your mobile is very simple, so you should not worry about whether you have to access from a computer to configure your account.Date update on 2020-11-13. Date published on 2020-11-13. Category: Computer class Author: Oscar olg Fuente: urbantecno